Post Partum Depression

Has anyone here ever had PPD? What was it like? What were your "symptoms"? How did you get help? I have a 6 week old baby, and I'm afraid I may have it. I'm real snappy to my older kids, without meaning to be. I get sad a lot. But there has been A LOT of stress since I had my baby. My older son was put in the hospital and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. HE was in there for 5 days before he just got better. Now my little brother is in the hospital and may not ever be able to walk again. I'm starting back to college in a week, trying to start my own business. So I don't know if I'm just really stressed out or if I have PPD. Anyone who has been through this, or knows someone who has, I would really appreciate your advice. I go to the doctor Friday an I will talk to her then, too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• good to be aware
    and great you are seeing doc on friday

mine started 7 months pregnant, over night i had no real happiness, it was that fast, doc put me on pills and watched because i was high risk for post partum, weaned off pills a couple of months after birth, i was fine, but went to doc at first sign

you are under a ton of stress it sounds like, so maybe a situational sadness or depression
    but bravo for you for reaching out, asking questions and seeing a doc pronto

feel better soon and try to take a hour a day for yourself, more if you can (lol, right! you have a bay)
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You have A LOT on your plate. I believe you are stressed. Talking to your doctor is a good thing. Don't be ashamed if you need some kind of antidepressant. It really helps when used correctly. Good luck!
    acakes

Answer by acakes at 2:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Its Horrible! After the birth of my First born. I just found my Bio mom! I was A Stolen Baby! I found her! But she was Dying of Breast Cancer. She died at 47. I never got to learn anything. Like Who's my Family? Who's my Father Etc.. I had Alot on my plate! Then I was over do with my DD. I was A Size: 0. She weighed close to 9lbs.# I got ill after her birth! Who know it wasn't Normal? I never felt Well Again! I also started getting Severe Migraines! Then a few years later I had my Second DD. It all Hit me! I suffered I truly did! I was SO sleep deprived before she was Born & for weeks Afterwards! Life was unbearable! Having No family or friends to help was so hard! Plus+ we were poorer then Poor! Where Food for me was A luxery. Talking about Going without! Please Get Help! Anyway you can! I don't mean to Scare you but my life has been pure misery! I had to smile & be the Best mom in the world while Dying & Crying. Get Help!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009