toy yorkshire.

okay so i'm 6months pregnant and have a 4month old toy yorkshire named Diesel lol - but anyway at night I keep him in a kennel until I move just so that he's not into the boxes or eating wires (because he's teething) but I was wondering what if you have a puppy or a toy yorkshire what do you put in their kennels at night - i've tried puppy pads; and news paper; along with a towel that he's just loved ever since I've had em but he just tears everything up - I guess I just want to put something that'll absorb his urine when he does use the bathroom in the kennel that he wont tear up so badly. please help ! lol

&& whats a good way to house train this dog I'm tryingg!! lol

dorkish_face

Asked by dorkish_face at 2:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pets

• we used dog litter with one of my old teacup yorkies. he still tried to eat it but thats what puppies do :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Ideally, if you're going to crate train your dog, the crate should be just big enough for him to stand up, turn around, and lie down in. Dogs don't want to mess where they sleep. Getting a crate that fits him should help the problem, just make sure you take him out to potty before you put him in for the night, and AS SOON AS you take him out in the morning.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• For the record there is no such thing as a toy or teacup Yorkie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I just rescued a smaller Yorkie. And, hecan't even go outside, because it's so cold! He is paper/ pad trained, though. I ordered off Amazon a crate with 2 sides to it. One for him to go potty and theother for him to sleep. They have them at Petsmart, too ans Walmart. I make sure all the wires are out of reach from my sweet guy. I clean the floors, sweep, vaccum. Put things up that he might want to eat. I also clicker train him with Cheese , Cheer-o's or his favorite treats.We does what he's suppose to, I click and give him a treat! He responds well to positive reinforcement
    superdaughter

Answer by superdaughter at 4:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010