At what age do they usually begin to do this?

At what age do babies begin to go from laying down position to setting up position on their own? My son is 7 months and can set up by himself but refuses to crawl but wants to stand up all the time. So I don't know if he will ever do this? Is it a milestone to go from laying down to setting up? I know crawling isn't a milestone. Just wondering?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Crawling is a huge milestone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• some babies don't crawl but get up and walk. my 2nd did that - shocked the crap out of me....it didnt' seem like she'd move then she stood up and went - hasnt' stopped yet.

oldest did the army crawl (arm over arm dragging body) and then walked, she never did get onto her knees

and youngest crawled around 7months - but she had 2 big sisters to keep up with
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My mom says both my brother and I never crawled. We both went from sitting to walking.

lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My son started going from lying to sitting on his own at 10 months, pulling up to stand all the time shortly after that, and crawling at 11 months. It will probably happen soon.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I never crawled until after I walked, and my daughter was the same way.. she was up and walking at 9.5-10 months.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 3:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I'm not sure, I thought my son was going to skip crawling and just start walking, but he ended up crawling at 9 months. My DD however, Was climbing furniture, up shelves (seriously I found her on the 2nd shelf, going for the 3rd!!) at 7months old! I swear she is part monkey! SHe walked at 9 months. Every kid is different!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my daughter gets herself into the sitting position with no propping right now at almost 6 months, shes also pulled herself up to stand a few times but not that much.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2009