Potty Time?

My son is 19 months. For lets say the past week and a half, maybe more he has been insisting on taking his diaper off. The other night he managed to reach in and pull poop out and paint all the walls and toys with it! Since then I have been putting him on the potty telling him Elmo goes potty and he'll atucally sit on it now but still no action in the toilet. As soon as he says "all done" he'll get off flush and walk away squat and pee! Ill run him back but nothing. He can say pp, caca, and potty. Last night he told us "uh oh, caca" but had none so we ran him to the potty telling him to go caca, he didnt but when he got off he went pp! Help...tricks and tips please!? Do books help them>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got this email yesterday called 10 steps to potty training... here is the link to the site http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-abcs-of-potty-training_4399.bc hope this help u
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 2:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• This is what I did. at 18 months she acted like she was ready but she wasn't. At 26 months I bought 4 potty chairs and an insert..(yes one chair in most of the rooms even basement) I pitched all the diapers in the house and put her in undies. Stock up on Sham WOW, they work wonders and will save your carpet. I put waterproof bed liners on all the furniture and every 40 minutes I would sit her on the potty and we would color or read books. For the first poop, I took some out of her undies and put it in the potty so she would think that she did it once she stood up. Potty training took 1 week. 3 weeks and she was dry thru the night.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2009