I need some advice about Wholesale Pricing

I was just contacted by a buyer who is interested in purchasing some of my slings to resale in her shop. She wanted to know if I offered wholesale prices.

I am absolutly willing to work with wholesale accounts, ( In fact, I am really excited to get her e-mail.) but I am new to this and not sure what to expect. I would like to go into negotiations with as much information as possible so that I can make the best business deal.

I would appreciate anything you have learned about wholesale deals. How many items should they want before I offer wholesale prices? Who pays for shipping? What kind of discount do you think they will expect? What else should I be considering???

My site is www.SnuggyBaby.com if that helps you give a more complete answer.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate your experience.

SnuggyBaby

Asked by SnuggyBaby at 2:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't have experience like yours, but did work in the receiving department of a department store. Mark up was double wholesale prices. So if something came in at $10 it was marked at $20 for floor sales. This woman may want you to cut your prices considerably. Maybe you should ask her what she considers a fair mark up. That would give you a bead on what you could sell it to her for without losing your shirt.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 4:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009