What's the difference between Sneakers and Tennis shoes?

I call all sneakers tennis shoes or are tennis shoes for tennis playing only...I guess I was wrong all along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i never thought there was a difference in them. i thought sneakers and tennis shoes were the same. i guess not.. huh?
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I think they are the same
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Lol I have no idea! thee is a differance??
    PcillaCoronado

Answer by PcillaCoronado at 3:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• well i thought sneakers were the ones you liked and tennis shoes were what you got> :} my mom said sneakers cost over 60, tennis shoes are under 50 oh and trainners are over 100.
    melodyroop

Answer by melodyroop at 3:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• LOL I thought they were the same like panties and underwear...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I thought they were the same too. Although I use the word sneakers and trainers more then tennis shoes.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've never used sneakers or trainers, just tennis shoes. Though, if they are for a specific purpose, I will call them by that name. For example, my baby's Saucony's are just tennis shoes...but my Asics are my running shoes. Or I'll just call them by the brand name, that works too.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 3:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• One was used to sneek up and surprise because they were quiet and the other was used to prevent you from sliding while on the court. I don't know - that was just BS. They seem to be the same in today's world.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i think they are the same thing...just depends on where ur from for which word to use. i use the word tennis shoes..or call them by the brand name...like ill say i got my jordans on or just call them shoes..or basketball shoes...its just like pop or soda? there the same thing just different words.
    AHall08

Answer by AHall08 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Well... i joined this site just to answer this question... I will be playing tennis this Year... The Difference is Tennis Shoes are More flat so the Grip Is right down on the Flat Surface(The Tennis Court).... And Where running shoes or Regular Shoes give you the Ability to Go Back and Forwards Quicker... tennis Shoes allow you to move Back and Forth Quickly, as well as from Side to Side, So you can get to the Ball Quicker...
    kbrown101

Answer by kbrown101 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2009