My feet hurt SO BAD

I'm seven months pregnant and my feet feel like complete hell. I feel like such a loser to have to sit down so much nowadays, whats up. Stupid hormones.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had the worst problems with my feet too. They've been swollen for as long as I can remember now. I'm 33 weeks. The only thing that seems to help is if I wear tennis shoes. I think the compression on them helps, but it is so hot out that all I want to wear is flip flops. Usually by the end of the day they feel like they are going to burst. I get alot of foot rubs from my husband. He hates it, but I ask everyday and he sucks it up and does it. That is the only thing I can recommend.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• No reason to feel like a loser..that's pregnancy for ya. Just take it easy :) If you have to sit down, you have to sit down. No problem!
    javila

Answer by javila at 3:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It's the relaxin hormone and the increased blood volume. The relaxin is loosening your pelvic joints for childbirth preparation, the problem is that it is going to loosen all the joints in your body including the ones in your feet. Your center of balance is also off so its a lot of pressure on the feet! Couple that with the swelling from the 50% more blood in your body and you've got a recipe for rest :)

My fingers have been aching for 3 weeks. I ignore it mostly but it is annoying.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yeah i know, they're just going numb and are sooo sore i can barely stand to take a normal length shower
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• try some mint lotion or peppermint oil they will feel a lil better

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2009