Potty training

I have a 3 year old and a 8 weeks old...

I totally had my 3 year old potty trained and then when I had my son it all went down hill Its like I am starting all over again and she will not go to the potty to go potty she will do it in her pants because " My Baby Brother Does It " What can I do To get her to go back to going to the potty???? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Mamaof1band1g

Asked by Mamaof1band1g at 3:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• wow and i thought i had problems. lol i had mine trained and yesterday she just started peeing on the floor for no reason. patients mama i sense a bit of jealousy she'll get back in the routine. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• well my 3 yr old started doing it too... after i had my son. what i told her was, "u have to b a big girl... do u wanna show brother how to big a big boy just like his big sister.?" she said, "yeah." i told her well, "then u cant pee on the floor..." i told her that everytime she went potty.. and now she donesnt do it anymore thank goodness.
    i had planed on telling her ok fine if u want to b a baby again then ok. do everything brother does eat what brother does.. but it didnt go that far... soo good luck...
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 4:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• well I don't know about potty... but when i had my daughter my son had just turned 1.... he had started walking and feeding himself fairly well b-4 having her. After about a week of being home he stopped.... would not eat unless feed, would not hold his bottle, would not walk, and would not even crawl. But after about 3 months he got better, but we would constantly tell him that he was a big boy and reinforced that we loved him and encourged him to do all the things he was doing before his sister came home. By the time she was 3 mo. old, he was holding her bottle for her to eat, taking her blanket to her and covering her up.
    I would say it is jeliously... he needs a lot of reinforcement that he is your big boy... but don't punish him, start going though the training step again.... you will see, it wont take as long.
    I have do that with my son 3 times...... all during stressful times in our lives, it will get better!
    kittyh

Answer by kittyh at 6:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009