I had the gastric bypass 7 years ago nedd mantence I have to have the stoma and pouch reduced there is a new procedure called rose does anyone know about this

Nene55

Asked by Nene55 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have no idea by why does it need reduced again?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Unfortunately what they don't tell you is that the pouch and stoma can expand usually about 7 to 8 years out they have now come up with a procedure called the rose procedure they go down your throat with a tool and useing this method they stich the stoma and pouch again to reduce it. I have started regaining the weight but my first time around was not very sucessful so I am trying to decide what to do again.
    Nene55

Answer by Nene55 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I had gastric bypass in 1995 and lost almost 200 ounds originally. After 2 babies and being a bit lazy I have gained some back,, but have still kept off 100. I think that many people got gastric bypass thinking that they would never have to "diet" again, and that isn't how it works. My food intake is still extremely limited, but I can eat junk food like crazy. I don't regret having the surgery done, but wish that I was a bit better in keeping up on the maintenance. Have you tried Weight Watchers? That seems to be the best for me, because you can still eat "real" food.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have not tried weight watchers, we live in this tiny little town and there is no group and there are alot of over weight people I though I might do the on line but I don't know how I would do.
    Nene55

Answer by Nene55 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2009