would you rather buy a manufactured home and put it on land or buy a house that is already on land?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I sold manufactured homes they are great I would rather buy one and put it on land I would prefer one with a basement too but ether way they are great

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• uh buy a house that is already on land for sure
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• we were going to buy 300acres and a manufactured home (even had the house picked) then #3 decided to come along so we had to change that option. and ended up buying a house.

but we've got plans for the future to buy more land and probably will buy a manufactured home. they're nice and so much easier to build! lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• We're buying land and getting a custom built manufactured home put on - and my husband wants to add on to it over the years. *Shrugs*
    Whatever floats his boat...
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Maufactured homes have come a long way. I have seen beautiful ones. you can make it cheaper by doing your own dry wall and stuff. you cna still have a basement too. Either would be fine with me, but an existing house may be easier and quicker...manuf you could pick out more of what you want.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I wish I could afford either! LOL
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i want it already there. its hard enough to find a home already on land but to find a home and then land to put it on no thanks lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• manufact home....i live in a mobile home now though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would never buy a manufactured home if I could afford a stick built one. Manufactured homes often have more problems than regulars houses, but the bigger issue is with resale. A stick built home will have a much better resale value than a manufactured home. That's just my personal opinion.

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• MFH depreciate and they are very hard to refinance and hard to build equity with.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009