Where could I rescue or adopt a pup/young dog for my Daughter in MA/NH?

We were going to wait a few more years before getting my daughter a dog. She is nothing short of an animal whisperer. We were going to get another cat, however she (Devin) was diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia (bone marrow failure) this past March. The doctor preferred we did not have a cat but gave blessings for a dog. Many family members have committed to help take care of the dog if we are in the hospital (been in already over 10 times) while my husband is working. So if someone knows someone who has a pup that needs a home for a low price?? Ideally the dog would be medium sized when full grown.. like a golden or lab mixed with a smaller breed? Well, I guess you never really know until you meet 'em if he/she is the dog for your family, and most of all for my daughter.

Thanks for reading.

stuckgypsy72

Asked by stuckgypsy72 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pets

• I would definitely go to shelters or the ASPCA.
    You could also check out Craigslist and your local newspaper. :]

Good luck!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• www.petfinder.com

Search by location, breed, size, gender, age, etc.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009