FF moms vs. BF moms (RANT)

What's with BF moms looking down on those of us who choose to be FF moms? I mean not all of you do so those who don't I don't mean to offend you. But those of you who sneer and smirk like you're better than a FF mom everytime you see us giving our babies bottles just plain piss me off. Yeah, you may not agree with our choice but that's just it, it's OUR choice. Did you ever stop and think that maybe just maybe there's some good reason why we FF? Like we weren't producing enough milk to supply our babies with the nutrition they needed. Or maybe we have a very busy life that just doesn't accommodate BF? Or maybe we had some kind of surgery or are taking some med that prevents us from BF? I personally already feel bad enough that I need to FF instead of BF although I gave it my best shot. The last thing I need is you snooty BF moms making me feel worse. Sorry if I offended those understanding BF moms, but I just needed to vent.

TotallyWarped

Asked by TotallyWarped at 3:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aww the war of formula and the boob lol i missed the drama. i ff all of my babys and i have just as strong of a bond with them and they are all just as healthy as an bf baby soo dont feel bad mama enjoy your child love them and cherish them and who cares what others think your doing the best you can right?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i am right there with you i bf my daughter for the first 2 months straight and then she was just getting very un happy up every 45 minutes was acting like she wasn't getting enough food this went on for 2 weeks so i went too my wic office and told them i wanted too switch her too ff and the women there treated me like trash kept telling me are you sure you should wait give her time let it go and so on and finally i snapped at her its not like she is the one getting up ever 45 minutes with her and so sore and in pain from her nursing its crazy i do nurse some still on top of ff but its up to the mother thats her baby she knows whats best for both of them
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 3:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I FF my older kids and strangely enough no one EVER looked at me bad for it, in fact I was forced to FF because of bad info from my pediatrician and OB in the first place. My in-laws begged me to FF and my MIL helped sabotage my BFing relationships more than once. I EBF my youngest and actually got harassed many many times for nursing, I heard all the time why not just give a bottle, do you have to do that here, can't you go in the bathroom to feed or pump....guess it depends on where you are and who is around you but I had to FIGHT to get the correct info to be able to BF...FFing was pushed on me.

I don't look down on FFing moms, I do think the ones that went from BFing to FFing MOSTLY do it because they were lied to and given bad info and had lack of support. I don't understand why moms choose to FF from the start and not even try, but doesn't mean I look down on FFing moms. How you feed your child doesn't determine...
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I BF my DD and am going to BF my next, and every other one after that. I hear you on how hard it is to do because I almost gave up myself, I dont look down on your for FF. I never even thought about it til I joined this website to be honest. When I see a mom feeding I child I am personally more interested in the baby than what is going in their mouth. The baby is being fed, and its not like formula is going to kill them so I dont care. I choose to do alot of things with my children, and some people agree and others dont...that wont change how I parent and it wont make me feel bad about it!! This is your baby, be proud you have your children and forget about the people who try to bring you down.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• cont.
    What kind of mom you are...it is one of the many parenting decisions that have to be made. Its the WHOLE picture that makes a parent a good or bad one. NOT just one decision.

BFing doesn't make a mom perfect but it does make the food she feeds her child BETTER. Thats it.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• mom mom mom whoa how can you take care of your baby all upset like that. there will always always be people who don't like what you're doing. be informed by your doctors and from reading and research. h3)( with everyone else.

what on earth happened, your blood pressure must be sky high its as if you were physically beaten up?!

I totally bf my first and my second, no bottles. my third need formula and also bf to grow well.
    my first two had no less infant and toddler illnesses as bf babies than those babies who were only ff.

my third baby who was bf and formula fed had no less illnesses than those who were only bf.

Breast feeding is important and good. But it alone by itself will not stop babies from getting sick. Keeping them away from other babies and little kids and the coughing vomiting public is what will keep babies more healthy than not.

I support what works best for baby to grow and mom to be well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Vent away. I feel your pain.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Some of the people who BF just plain think they are better, I am convinced of that!!! How often do you see a FF mom bragging and looking down on moms who BF? Personally I dont want a baby or a KID hanging off of me all the time and NO I dont think it makes me a bad mom. My kids and I have a great bond, I love them DEARLY, and they are hardly ever sick (yes we got lucky there!).
    The other thing I find kinda funny (about extended BF) about their argument is they say they want to give their kid the best nutrition (again I agree it is neccesary for babies, not kids) because they dont want their kid to be like the reat of the americans who are obese, have asthma, blah blah blah...BUT You are the mom and have control over what they eat!! They dont have to eat cheeseburgers and fries and drink soda (that seems to be the alternative right? lol) They can feed them VEGGIES and FRUIT and plenty of other healthy foods.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 3:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• SORRY for my rant, LOL but I couldnt help myself!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 3:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Quote Tabi_cat: "BFing doesn't make a mom perfect but it does make the food she feeds her child BETTER. Thats it."

Who died ad made you god?! Its people like you that really really annoy me! Like we who ff our babies are lacking or not doing right by them somehow!
    I dried up after just 4 weeks, THATS NATURE!!!! I got through the cracked and bleeding nipples and engorgement just to have left my baby unsatisfied! I went through depression killing myself because i thought i wasn't doing something right and i should definitely bf her! Well i couldnt, and it really upsets me why there should be this divide, just do your own thing. I would liked to have bf my beautiful baby girl until she was 6 months, but thats not how god or nature intended, and so i had NO CHOICE!!!!!
    She is a VERY intelligent very funny and entertaining little girl, who is blessed with angelic looks, and so who the hell can tell me i didnt do the very best...
    Texanairforce1

Answer by Texanairforce1 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009