How to pick the right shoe?

I decided that I am going to join a boxing gym, but I'm unsure of what shoe to buy. I'm going to keep it simple, walmart or payless. I was thinking maybe a running shoe, what are your suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I'd go to a real sporting goods store or shoe store - they can tell you what you need and fit you just right. then go to a less expensive store to buy it.

I did that with my running shoes - went got fitted and then went to a cheaper store. got the same shoe for $100 less than the running store.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Ok. Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Many times shoes stores donate old inventory to thrift stores. I bought a great pair of New Balance (never worn/still in the box) for $6.99 at the Goodwill. I wouldn't trust the quality of some of the cheap stores. Some shoe stores have outlets that have great clearance sales too.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009