when should a baby be crawling and and rolling over??

callie02

Asked by callie02 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• rolling over by at least 4-5 months and some kids never crawl
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my son was rolling everywhere my 5mos, had the position down for crawling at 6mos, and was full blown crawling by 7mos. but some babies don't crawl until 10mos and some never crawl.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My son rolled over for the first time at 5 months, but didn't start rolling all over the place until 8 months, and he didn't crawl until 11 months. His pedi said that by 9 months babies should be able to get across a room, whether by rolling, army crawling, scooting, crawling, walking, whatever, just moving around somehow. But until then, it doesn't really matter if they're moving around or not. Don't stress yourself too much. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Crawling is not a milestone because some kids never do it, they go straight to walking. My daughter has been rolling over since she was 6 weeks old (she was able to go from belly to back from birth) but my son was 4 months or so when he started rolling. She is almost 5 months old now and is crawling backwards (she still has to figure out how to go forward!).
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My DD rolled over from back to belly at 2 months and it took forever her to roll the other way around. Today she is 6 months and she is crawling it just isn't a very organized motion yet, she is still working out the kinks.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my son started rolling over at 2 months and perfected it by 5 months and started crawling at 7 1/2 months and perfected it by 8 1/2 months.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My daughter began rolling over at 3 weeks and had it perfected within a week and she began crawling at 2 months, she started to walk at 6 months and is now running all over the place
    sidney.baker

Answer by sidney.baker at 10:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• crawling at 2 months! wow. its crazy how different each baby is.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009