What would you do if a child showed up in your house claiming to be your hubby's son from a high school sweet heart, that he never knew about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Slam the door LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• This is your husband's territory - it was before you, I'm assuming..?
    So, wait for hubby to come home or email/call him and have him take over. Ask for proof, what does the child exactly want out of it? To know his real dad? Etc.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• DNA test.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Try to be understanding, espeically since hubby didn't know either. I would probably get a DNA test done unless it was obvious it was my hubbys child.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Invite and welcome him into our home! He is just as much family as I am.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• considering *I* am Hubby's highschool sweetheart (LOL)....I would DEFINATELY get a DNA test....
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Just be sure you don't stop communication. It would be a very stressful time for both of you and you will have a lot to talk/figure out. I would for sure get a DNA test done
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Swab the cheek, get a contact number and ask the child to go back to his Mom's house till it can be confirmed with DH.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I hope I'd invite him in for a snack or something and try to look for any similarities between him and my husband (if the boy is anything like our son, there would be zero doubt who his father was). I'd call my husband and tell him I had a surprise waiting for him, and then I'd talk to the boy and try to find out all about him. I have 2 girls and a boy, so another son would be perfect, especially one who was already grown up!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Well, if it all happened before we were married, and we are happy and secure. Then, get that DNA test and then let the two of them decide where to go from there. This probably happens more than is reported since the age Aquarius (the 60's) and open/free sex. I think all of you will figure it out.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2009