Family member's (some) are so quick to judge my daughter!

my now 18 year old daughter got a job when she was 17. I was very impressed on how responsible she was. First this one family member told other family members that my daughter was not working. Then when they realized my daughter was working they had the attitude it would not last. It's like they are wanting her to mess up. A few days ago she quit her job, she told me and I was okay with it. She wants to get her high school diploma. She told her cousin that her friend got fiered for stealing and she got tierd of the boss bitching to her of it. (I can see this happening) Well, my daughters aunt told my husband that my daughter got fired for stealing. I asked my daughter and she told me about her friend. Then two days later the aunt calls to let my husband (her dad) know that she did not get fired that she quit her job. She just did not get the whole story. Why not get the whole story first?? I just felt hurt! needed to vent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• It sounds like they could be jealous that you have such a responsible daughter, they may be looking for a flaw so they can belittle you and your daughter.

Family, especially women, can be evil like that :(
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2008

• Tell the family to mind their own business... It's not their life.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:46 AM on Aug. 25, 2008

• change the subject when they are acting in a negative manner.
    QueenBee216

Answer by QueenBee216 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2008

• Tell them to butt out. I had to do that with my family.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2008