can toddlers wear belts? (also asked in toddlers section)

my 15 month old has pants that are a little big on him, and i'm eager for him to wear them because I made them! could I make him a belt? I dont recall ever seeing a toddler wearing a belt which is why I ask. I could also sew on a drawstring over the snap for now, but i'd like to ask about the belt first =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i am around the cowboys a lot so i see a lot of kids wearing belts! Just remember, that potty training, or changing pants is a tad more difficult with a belt.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• sure they can...why not?

though the snaps and drawstring might stay on longer.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yup, just keep an eye on them make sure he doesn't get it off and try to wrap it around his neck
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• well the snap came with the pants. i sewed on a hook and eye but that didnt make a difference. i might end up just removing them and sewing them farther apart, but a belt might add some style to the pants! it might be a pain to sew on a drawstring. I'd have to sew fabric ontop of the string, sew around or remove the belt loops (which i'd prefer to keep on)...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• hmmm yes vabchmommy, perhaps that is why I never see toddlers wearing belts...because of the choking hazard??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yes, my little girl wear belts frequently because she's at the in between stage where she's getting too big for her 18mo pants but 24mo are still too big. they make cute little toddler belts too, i bought hers at walmart.

it being a choking hazard isn't an issue because she wears it around her waist not her neck and it's not like we let her play with them when she's not wearing them!

but also, some pants have little belts inside the pant, like an elastic waist band that you can tighten or loosen with buttons.
    totallysober

Answer by totallysober at 5:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009