A question about returning war vets

If theyre not getting the help they need then why is there not any kind of overhaul being done to make sure they do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't understand?
    My DH was a returning war vet - and he received all the medical attention and assistance we needed.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i don't understand the question here either. help is there if they are willing to take it, for PTSD or whatever. yes there are some cases where the military denies that the problem was caused by deploying but not all the time.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• When my husband came home from Iraq he had PTSD. He was a Seabee in the Navy, so he did a lot of construction over there. His PTSD wasn't terrible, and he didn't want to get help for it, but they did offer counseling for him. What I wish the military WOULD do is help with job placement after your enlistment is up.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• They are cutting back on the vets. They use to get longer care before. They have send men home to soon.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• SarahLeeMorgan - they DO help you with job placement after enlistment is up!
    Message me, and I can tell you. It's legit, I promise. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• btw. they are sending the men home - but it has to do, largely, with their overstretched budgets. They are completely to the limit and beyond. October is the new fiscal year - and their budgets will be renewed and "larger" - so it should be better by October.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Lots of them are getting help. Things are A LOT better now than when we were in Viet Nam.

New fiscal year coming soon so hopefully things will get better.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• According to whitehouse.gov this budget for FY10 is going to increase by 4% and that's over all, not just in one area.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 7:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Well my husband has lot of physical and PTSD/TBI problems but they basically told him they couldnt do anything- take ibuprofen for the pain (doesnt work) and take sleeping pills to sleep (some didnt work at all, and others only worked a few weeks) the returning Vets are to proud and feel like they need to be strond soldiers so they don't make enough hub-bub to get things changed. He did see a physchiatrist from the VA but she just asked him a list of questions from her comp and didnt offer any sort of actual help... it was useless- except fot the VA disability, which is better than nothing
    Amanda_K.I.S.S.

Answer by Amanda_K.I.S.S. at 3:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• and about job placement all they did not help- we asked several people and he looked for a job for a year before he re-enlisted... in this economy when there aren't any jobs so I guess they arent miracle workers
    Amanda_K.I.S.S.

Answer by Amanda_K.I.S.S. at 3:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2009