Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

House Issues

Just a short break and my SO are splitting up after 5 yrs of being together..We have a beautiful daughter together. My issue is that we have a house together that we were buying, both our names are on the deed. We've had it for a little over 2 yrs. I do not make enough to stay in my home with my daugther..and I'm sure whatever child support will give me will not even enough to meet my daugthers needs let alone cover my house note. Has anyone been through this. How can I get out of my house with out facing a forclosure and it going against my credit? Any advise? Oh and in case you are wondering why he is leaving me...he says I dont have the same body I did before I had my daugther-no my stomach isnt as flat as it once was but I wear the same size i did before I had our daugther..he can just kick rocks-I dont need a man like that in my life-Beauty fades, but a person character stays the same.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • I don't know what to tell you about the house but what and a-hole!!!

    Answer by Frogbaby83 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • I am wondering if you will need to sell and then split any proceeds, if any. You may need to consult a lawyer.

    Yeah it sounds as though you are well to move on with your life, without him.

    Answer by Bmat at 4:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • well if it is in both of your names you are both responsible for it. you can try to sell it, sign it over to him, or try to do a quick sale on it. or if you want you guys could try to rent it out and sell it later. i knew a divorced couple the wife lived in the house for 3 yrs then the husband for 3 yrs then they rented for 5 yrs and turned around and sold so they could split the equity, that was the agreement in their divorce, and it made sure both were still responsible for the payments. (they split the living there b/c they separated 2 months after closing and both wanted to live in the house.)
    whatever you do, get it legal and in writing so that he doesn't screw you over.
    as far as him telling you your body isn't the same, i'd tell him to take a stick and shove it up his a**

    Answer by vabchmommy at 4:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • He is just another case of unrealistic views, living in the moment and not looking into the future. I would think that you would have to sell the house.
    If you have the room maybe you could rent out a room to supplement the income?

    Answer by kc932 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • Sell it, pay it off and split whatever (if anything) that is left over.


    Answer by Gealach at 5:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • I vote for walling him up in the basement and moving to Canada.

    Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • Thank the Lord above that you are getting away from this pig! Call your mortgage company and tell them the situation and them what you should do. I'm currently in pretty much the exact situation and I'm doing a short sale on my house. Message me if you have any questions or just want someone to talk to who's in the same situation.

    Answer by feesharose at 6:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • its gonna be a long process, is he planning to stay in the house? if so you can basically sign your name of the morgage by signing it to him i think (almost like your selling your half of the house)

    Answer by mommie2twogirls at 9:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.