is an emotional affair just as bad as an physical affair?

to me there is no difference between the 2, but this is all new to me, so I'm not sure of anything anymore,

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• oh, dear, i would say it was worse. i dont know if i could forgive either, but if i thought my husband had fallen in love with anotehr woman, i think i'd rather he leave me and go to her,and that way, i'd be free to find someone else. i don't know if i would want to invest the energy to try and make him love me again.

Answer by anniekelleher at 9:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I would say it is worse (both are bad)because of the bond that is created.

Answer by gcmomx3 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• An affair is an affair whether it's emotional or physical.

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Emotional affairs can be just as damaging as physical affairs. The one thing you don't have to be concerned about is STDs. Either way, it is heartwrenching and needs to be addressed.

Answer by manna1qd at 11:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Doesn't matter an affair is an affair, I think and emotional one is WORSE!

Answer by momto1727 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Both are bad, but I am going through a simular situation. My husband and his best-friends wife are acting like their is a big emotional relationship, and I have caught a ton of text messaging that should never have been exchanged between them. It has broken my heart, so I know somewhat where you are at, and wondered the same thing. Do you end it? I don't have the answer, still searching myself. I just wish I was enough for him.

Answer by Raadendryk at 2:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I believe because it's emotional it's worse because of the connection itself. You don't have to have sex to have an affair. Sex can just be sex but an emotional relationship is very different, there is the heart that's being effected.

Answer by christybearskn at 9:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My husbands sexual affair started off as just an emotional affair. It was the emotional part that I couldn't get through which is why I am now moving out. I could just tell that he was trying to make things work with me because he felt he had to but his heart was still with her. I am not going to sit around and watch him pine for his lost love anymore. I gave it a try but I couldnt take it anymore.

Answer by michelleinsa at 6:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Both are bad but I think an emotional affair is actually worse because not only is there a breach of trust but also a breach of intimacy and love. Either can break your heart but the emotional affair breaks your heart when there was no physical intimacy.

Answer by momof3inTN at 5:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• both are devestating, but i would have to say that emotional cheating is much worse. i went through something similiar to this w/my fiance and i am still dealing w/the pain of it every single day

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2008