If you're daughter ...

I posted this in general parenting as well...

If you're daughter had a tag on her rear ( a tag is an extra piece of skin near the anus) would you have it removed? I do not want her to be self concience later on in adulthood when this could be an embarrasment for her, or make her ashamed of her body with her partner. My husband thinks that if it grows we should get it removed then, but she is already 4 so I think we should go ahead and do it now.
What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i would have it removed. gorwing up is hard enough now adays.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If that was my daughter i would have it removed.. but i have two sons and they were both circumsized and that was just an extra piece of skin.. so i don't see why this would be any different.
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I'd talk to the doctor about it. I wouldn't put my child through surgery at a young age unless it was necessary.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I think id leave it alone & let her decide when she is older her rear is pretty private & wont be seen until shes atleaste in jr.high gym... my dd had as an outtie belly button, since she is a girl we are afraid of the same thing since outties are not very attractive to most people. but we dont plan on doing anything until she is older.. maybe she will lover herself as she is.. maybe she will want to get it "fixed" .. or maybe as she gets older it will change & it will correct itself well enough for it not to be a concern..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would have a serious talk with my doctor and find out his/her recommendations...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i would have to talk to my doctor but I am thinking more like you, it would be hard on her later in her teen years... find out if there are any forseen health risks and see what their recommendation is. Then if the doctor recommends removal, I would have it done early (I had my son circumsized when he was born, so he wouldn't remember the pain of the procedure) .... at 4 she may not even remember the surgery later in life.
    kittyh

Answer by kittyh at 5:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would see if my doctor recommended this and then if hes good with it...I would go for it. its much easier to get this done now rather than later. Children always handle surgery better the younger they are.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Leave it and let her decide later. No need for an unnecessary surgery in my opinion. Most high schools now don't have you shower after gym... so no one should be seeing it at school.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 7:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2009