2.5 yr old getting tonsils out

My daughter is 2.5 yrs old. in that time she has maybe slept 30 days total through the night. Her tonsils are very large. They think she has sleep apnea from the tonsils. Has anyone with a child this age gone through this? She had tubes in her ears at 8 months and I thought that was tragic (for me not so much her). Any help?

singlemom5481

Asked by singlemom5481 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• poor baby.. i dont know anything about that... but look luck.. and i hope for the best...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My 2 year old had tubes put in and adenoids removed. It wasn't a big deal and bounced right back. Tonsils tend to be worse though as the thraot hurts so stock up on soft and cool foods. It shouldn't be a problem. My cousin had his out at 3 and it made a world of difference. He was so much happier after that. I think the process will be the same as when she had her tubes as far as out patient, and the process you will follow with the check in and out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My DD had just turned 2 when she had her tonsils out. They were so big they were almost touching. It was a little scary for me but she didn't have any problems. The surgery only takes about 30 minutes. The doctor put us in a room after her surgery so he could watch her for a few hours after she woke up to make sure everything was fine. She cried for about the first hour and my husband and I went to get something to eat while my mom stayed with her. When we got back she was running around the room chasing her cousin. She took her meds on time and never had any pain from it. She acted like normal just as soon as we got home. We practicly had to tie her to the bed to get her to stay laying down! She did great and I am sure your DD will too!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• your not alone my son is the same age and we have a surgical consultaion on the 25th of september i cant offer any advice really buti can tell you other mosm have been through it before and ome out okay so i guess we will too im sure the kids will be fine after all they dont have to worry its the moms who get the scary part lol
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2009