My morning sickness has gotten much better, but I still have little to no appetite. When i think about food or try to find something to eat i feel nauseous. I am so worried that I am not eating enough. Yesterday i had chicken ceaser salad, water, and a few bites of soup. I am four months pregnant, is that bad? should i be eating way more than that??

I have always had acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome, and always had trouble eating, but now that I am pregnant it is way worse.

littlemamma539

Asked by littlemamma539 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A pregnant woman needs about 2500 calories per day. Yes, you need to eat more than a chicken ceasar salad and a few bites of soup. Much more. You have to do it for the baby! Also make sure that you are drinking plenty of water!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Also, if you eat small meals through out the day, you will feel less nauseas....
    Glowing4Caleb

• Do you take a prenatal vitamin? That's important especially if you aren't eating as much to get the nutrients. Try to eat small meals. What about vegetables and fruit? Do those things make you sick to your stomach?
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I was terrible sick with my first (all 9 months) and mildly so with my other pregnancies. I am currently 5 months pregnant and have lost a few pounds. Do your best to heat healthy and often. With my first I would eat 1/4 of a sandwich every couple of hours. Small, tiny snacks all day long. It helped a LOT! I realized too I was often sick because there was no food in me. Even though the thought of food made me sick, eating a little bit would help. Hope you feel better!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• As long as you take your prenatals, your baby will be fine. Not eating will take a toll on your body, but the baby will get everything it needs from you. I didnt even eat as much as you did yesterday (I am 17 weeks) but I had bad morning sickness in my last 2 pregnancies too and both my kids turned out fine. So I am not too worried.

And you do NOT need 2500 calories, you need 300 more than you normally take in. A typical daily intake is 2000 calories so if thats you... you will need 2300. But you said you always have trouble eating so I am sure you need much less than that
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009