C section question

Ok, I'll make this as brief as I can, I'm 30 weeks along and this pregnancy has been one long complication, 4 hospitalizations that resulted in me getting a nephrostomy tube, which feels like a permanent kidney stone until it is taken out, which should be after the baby is born. Needless to say, I'm in constant pain everyday, have been for the past 2 months, I'm having a scheduled c section, and I was wondering how early anyone else went if they had one? I'm trying to stay positive, but I want this baby out. Thanks ladies.

Candice369

Asked by Candice369 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 37 wks w/ my last due to a previous uterine rupture @ 38 wks.

G'luck
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• 36 weeks with my first b/c he was breech and they couldn't stop my labor. He was fine, breathing on his own, not too small either 6 lbs 6 oz. I had one at 39 weeks with my daughter, who was also breech. It was scheduled and went smoothly. My doctor wouldn't let me schedule it any earlier than 39 weeks...not that I was going to, but those were his words to me before i had even asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had my twins by scheduled c-section at 35 weeks to the day. They were fine, no complications at all but I did also receive the steriod shots at 30 weeks because I had preterm labor.
    rebabeach2

Answer by rebabeach2 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• 37 wks w/ an amnio to check lungs 1st
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had my twins at 32 weeks by emergency c-section due to a placental abruption. I had gone into preterm labor at 25 weeks, so had the beta steroid shots then. The boys were healthy but small and were in the NICU for 28 days.
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Try to hang in there till 35 weeks. You may want the baby out but I guarantee you when you see the baby in the NICU with every tube know to man you will wish you had hung in there as long as possible. Positive thoughts!!! Good Luck
    HALBERTS1

Answer by HALBERTS1 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had my twin girls via c/s at 33 weeks 5 days. I actually was in the hospital from 29 weeks until they were born with preterm labor (due to placenta previa causing bleeding episodes) off and on the entire time. I wish I could have made it to 35 weeks like I was shooting for because it would have been much better for them. One of my girls had a collapsed lung the day after their birth because her lungs were just too immature (and I had the steroid shots at 29 weeks too). She was in the NICU for 5 weeks. Her sister only had to be in the NICU for 2 1/2 weeks. I am pregnant with twins again and I'm really hoping to make it to at least 35-36 weeks this time. 37-38 weeks would be ideal for me though. Good luck!
    Ellena

Answer by Ellena at 8:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My OB/GYN said that they TRY to wait until 35 weeks before doing a c-section. Good luck to ya!!
    Allebas

Answer by Allebas at 1:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009