Given up on putting clothes on my baby. How do I keep the poop IN THE DIAPER?

(11 months, ALMOST 1) He has ruined 2 outfits, today alone, with his exploding poop disasters. I had to cut a onesie off of him earlier becaus it was everywhere. He is skinny(16 pounds) and wears size 3 huggies. I need a way to keep it in his diaper, I could wrap him in saran wrap but that's not the best thing. At least once a week he ruins something with poop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What is he eating? He needs more "binding" foods....like milk, cheese, bananas, and white grape juice (instead of apple). That SHOULD help! That is of course assuming he doesn't have any food allergies or a "GI bug!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree with lorikeet, he shouldn't be ruining clothes with 1 poop. maybe its a bug? or needs more foods to make his poo thicker.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• At this age, he shouldn't have that kind of poop. Does he have a stomach bug? maybe food allergies, as mentioned above? I would look into why he has this kind of poop, rathern than how to contain it. Also, keep a bucket of bleachy water in the bathroom to soak the yucky clothing and what not. No need to assume it's ruined. Poop can be cleaned and the clothing sanatized. There are provalactics (sp??) that can help get the GI track back to normal. You can look into those and yogurt has it too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Three things, first I agree that you should take a closer look at his diet to make sure that isn't where is problem is coming from. Second, my daughter would get like this every time she was teething, so that is another thing that you may want to check into. . And last, a suggestion, you may want to try the plastic underware covers that they make for potty training, it will probably help at least keep it off of his clothing!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Bananas really help!!!
    Sierra_Mistress

Answer by Sierra_Mistress at 7:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Have you tried other diaper brands? We switched to pampers when we had this problem when they were babies but not this old. The ladies with the diet suggestions are great...try that and maybe switch diapers. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Change the type of diapers you are using, The size you are using may be too big on him.. Also make sure you change him soon after he poops, if you don't the more he sits in it the more it smears everywhere.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:13 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My son was exploding out of his diaper every time he pooped. He was a bit younger, but still I understand your pain. I would go up a diaper size and change to a better brand. I know that for us, the cheapest one (anything with ducks or frogs) would always leak and so would Pampers and Luvs sometimes. Huggies is usually a good choice for "explosions" LOL. We switched to cloth and haven't had much of a problem since. I agree that he seems a bit old for such a loose poop, so maybe upping breakfast to a banana and some milk (a few Cheerios for crunch LOL) might help. Good luck!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:40 AM on Aug. 13, 2009