When he is sober why dont I exist? Why does he go back to drinking? Is it me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Try calling al-anon. A program for family members of alcoholics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree with anon. We can't figure out alcoholics and why they do what they do. It's a hardship on everyone. If you're not married, I'd start considering my options. You don't want to be in a loveless relationship.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i have been in this hell for three years run fast and far!!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Try getting a divorce if you are married. Splitsville if just dating.
    He is an Alcoholic and if he doesn't care about youwhen he is sober there is no hope. Sorry.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• No, No, and No. It is not You. The problem here is his alcoholism. Alcoholics are really good at trying to point the finger at anything and everything for their problems, as long as it never comes back to them. Try Al-Anon to gain some understanding. Do not sacrifice yourself and your happiness for someone who is not willing to work on themselves. We can attempt to understand their disease, but only they can make a change for themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Go to Ala-non you will understand the relationship between the drinker and the co-dependent. It is not you it is him and his inability to be comfortable with himself. I had an ex bf that ignored the world unless he was drinking then he was the life of the party. I know WAY to many alcoholics and the thing is they are bored. I know 2 people who drink all day long because they ARE BORED. my husband drinks a 12 pack a night. He says it's because we live in town and not the country. Lame excuse, I know darn well that if we moved to the country he'd still be having a 12 pack a night. I have given up me to stay married and we have no life. Promises always broken, I get bitched at instead of support. I stay for my son. He will make my son stay if I try to leave and I can't leave him with someone who can't even take care of him. He's 5 and his dad has yet to help me with him. Good luck and go to Ala-non or even co-dependents anon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2009