Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swimmers ear?

My son has swimmers ear and we got drops from the Doctor yesterday. He is taking tylonal and ibuprophen as the Doctor requested and he is still having much pain. Is ther anything we can do at home to relieve the pain?

Answer Question

Asked by April0040 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Similisan are homeopathic drops that can be applied to the ear. You can ask your pharmacist if they carry it. If the do not, try your local health food store. Also, try applying heat the affected ear. The use of heat will aid to draw fluid out of the ear, and will resolve not only some level of ear pain but also improve blood circulation and reduce swelling. To apply heat, moisten and heat a washcloth and then placed over the ear. Applying the heat, until the application is cooled, will provide several minutes of stimulation to the affected ear.

    Answer by babyboyzz at 5:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • put a couple of drops of apple cider vinegar in the eat, and cut out dairy until the infection is completely cleared up

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.