Ready to feed formula Question

My 3 almost 4 month old is still on ready to feed formula Similac Advance and I want to switch to the powder form of the same formula. Anyone done this before? Can you describe how you did it? Slowly? Cold turkey? Any problems you had? Fussiness or spit ups?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my guy has been on powder since we ran out of what they gave us at the hospital, we had no problems with the powder
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• we just switched, cold turkey, it was no problem
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It's the same product, so there should be no switching issues or transitions. Once you mix the powder to formula, baby won't know the difference. Well, shouldn't :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My daughter was on the instant feed for the first week then we switched cold turkey to the powder. Made no difference, its the same thing :)
    FeistyAle

Answer by FeistyAle at 5:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My daughter goes back and forth all the time.
    MY grandparents watch her while I am at work, and rather than have them trying to measure water and formula all the time we just buy them the ready to go stuff.
    At home she has the powder.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• While they ARE the same thing technically for some reason when i'd go from ready to feed to powder i'd notice my little ones tummy would be upset for a day or two afterwards, nothing major but incase you do notice that it can be normal. If you want you can do it slowly. Also the ready to feed tastes different than the powder (Yes i've tasted the formula, LOL) so it may take a few bottles for the baby to take to it right away.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i did it cold turkey and he had no problem
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009