Want to know the REAL Dr. Ezekial Emanuel?

Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, the medical ethicist and oncologist who advises President Obama, does not own a television, and if you catch him in a typically energized moment, when his mind speeds even faster than his mouth, he is likely to blurt out something like, "I hate the Internet." So it took him several days in late July to discover he had been singled out by opponents of health-care reform as a "deadly doctor," who, according to an opinion column in the New York Post, wanted to limit medical care for "a grandmother with Parkinson's or a child with cerebral palsy." (Read an interview with Obama on health care.)

"I couldn't believe this was happening to me," says Emanuel, who in addition to spending his career opposing euthanasia and working to increase the quality of care for dying patients is the brother of White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel. "

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 5:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090812/us_time/08599191583500

It would only get worse. Within days, the Post article, with selective and misleading quotes from Emanuel's 200 or so published academic papers, went viral. Minnesota Representative Michelle Bachmann, a fierce opponent of Obama's reform plans, read large portions of it on the House floor. "Watch out if you are disabled!" she warned. Days later, in an online posting, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin attacked Emanuel's "Orwellian thinking," which she suggested would lead to a "downright evil" system that would employ a "death panel" to decide who gets lifesaving health care. By Aug. 10, hysteria had begun to take over in places. Mike Sola, whose son has cerebral palsy, turned up at a Michigan town-hall meeting to shout out concerns about what he regarded as Obama and Emanuel's plans to deny treatment to their family. Later, in an interview on Fox News, Sola held u
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Awwww, I feel for so bad for the guy...........NOT!!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

No one asked for your pity, you just need to realize you are being radicalized by propaganda

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• No, I'm not being "radicalized by propaganda?" LOL

I have read some of the articles that lovinangels mentioned in an earlier post. Ezekiel is cut from the same cloth as John Holdren--Science Czar!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Exactly Lori sheesh read it in the mans own words.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

I posted the man with his own words andyou refuse that. Again you ladies refuse to enter context when it negates your pov...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• go back and check lovins posts with links to Ezekiels own words please and read.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-advisor-would-deny-medical-care-to-seniors-demented-51414342.html

You can read the FULL SCANNED image from the original article written by Dr. Emanuel if you click on the red "Hastings" link in the above link (PDF file).

"services provided to individuals who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens are not basic and should not be guaranteed. An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia." (pages 13-14)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I wonder how this fits in with Obama's PROMISE to force private health insurers to cover Autism related services?!? THIS is the ONLY thing I wanted from Obama, and he MIGHT of actually earned a point or two in my book if he made it happen, however, it looks as if THAT won't be coming true--not with advisers like Dr. Emanuel!!!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/subjects/autism/

Just goes to show, if you want somethingdone right, you;ve got to do it yourself!!  Good thing my husband and I can afford to pay out of pocket for autism related services--just reinforces my belief that you can't depend on the government to help you!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Just goes to show, if you want somethingdone right, you;ve got to do it yourself!! Good thing my husband and I can afford to pay out of pocket for autism related services--just reinforces my belief that you can't depend on the government to help you!

Or INSURANCE COMPANIES!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2009