How can I get my daughter to stop being so picky about her underwear???

Every time she puts on her underwear she wants to change it like 5-10 times to find the ones that fit her the right way for that day. It drives me crazy! I dont know what it is about her and the underwear. I know they fit her, they aren't too tight or too big. I just dont know what to do! HELP!

ao112485

Asked by ao112485 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• OMG I was the same as a kid.... sometimes I'd go without even. I outgrew it around 7, I think, when we discovered silky/satin ones. I'm guessing it's more of a texture/sensory thing than a size thing. Try boy cuts/ boy briefs as an option, maybe.... .... try try try. and when u find something that finally works, buy all they have in stock.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• what about taking her to the store & letting her pick out her own? maybe she will be more likely to wear them without complaint if SHE picked them herself??????
    GiacomoRocks

Answer by GiacomoRocks at 7:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• buy multipul pairs of the kind she likes. But It sounds like she is the HOH
    2manylilboys

Answer by 2manylilboys at 9:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Personally, I would just put one or two pairs in her drawer at a time and tell her that the rest are still in the wash.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 9:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• well i guess its diffrent for all kids but my daughter only likes to wear boys briefs and a few pair i got from macys. i would just buy several pair of her favorite ones.
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 9:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My 6 year old use to do it until I put a stop to it because it was starting to annoy me. She would have all these panties laying on her bed and she's changing into them every minute. I asked her why she changes underwear constantly, and she would tell me she's playing dress up.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The style may be bugging her. Some panties have itchy elastic that drives me crazy. Get her some that have the elastic bands (at the top and around the legs) covered in material instead of exposed.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009