can i get concealed weapons permit?

i live with a felon does that mean i cannot get a concealed weapons permit? my moms new husband said i wouldnt be able to... but then again he argues everything with me...

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd ask my local police dept... They'd be able to answer for you quick enough:)
    oddballj

Answer by oddballj at 5:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• pretty sure you wont be able to. but you can apply. wont hurt to try. get good references. (you have to give 3 on your application.)
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 5:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i don't think you can because he isn't allowed to have one near him
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 5:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You can get a concealed weapons permit, that is not going to be your problem. Your problem is actually owning a gun and storing it in the same house that the felon lives in. You need to contact your local police department and check with city and state laws. Some states will allow you to keep a gun if you have it locked up and the felon does not have access to it. Other states will charge the felon for having a gun in the house whether is is theirs or not. So, the best thing to do is call and ask.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I guess I am wondering why you would want to carry a concealed weapon? Are you feeling threatened?

abelmm2

Answer by abelmm2 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i would like it for protection of any sort... i do not feel threatened.... i have wanted one so i have it incase i do need to protect myself being as i am not a very big woman....my fiance is a convicted felon so im not sure i will be able to get 1 but i still want to try... the world is a scary place now
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009