Does it sound like the baby is in my back?

I keep getting sharp pains in my back, kind of like a muscle cramp. I know its not labor, Im only 20 weeks and it feels nothing like labor with my DD. But I felt most of the kicks in my back, but I have also felt them in the front too. Im 20 weeks and barely showing, I started to show at 12 weeks with my DD. I also have alot of pressure on my tail bone if that could be part of this too. I am just worried because I heard back labor hurts alot worse. So do you think the baby might be in my back? And if s/he is is there a chance I wont have back labor?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 5:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had that a lot too. My DS was face up a lot which puts a lot of pressure on the nerves in your back. unfortunately yes, it does hurt during labor. although since he's the only one i've given birth too, i have nothing to compare it too haha....lucky for you its still so early baby has plenty of time to move into a more favorable position. Baby is just getting so big now, and moving around a lot.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2009