Do you think babies that cannot walk should wear shoes in public at all times?

My daughter's feet never touch the floor in public places. She's always either in my arms, her dad's arms, or in a shopping cart. I see no need to waste money on shoes that she'll never walk in.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. None of my sons had shoes on when they weren't walking. I didn't see the point in them.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• when dd was that young we tried keeping shoes on her, but at the least she had on socks...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• That is how I feel. Just put socks on her. My youngest DD that now is 25. learned how to walk in her bare feet. Her doctor at the time said to do that. He said it would make her ankles stronger

Answer by louise2 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• no. my doctor said not to put shoes on until they start to walk cause their feets archs get messed up from wearing shoes too early!
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 5:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• lol... no. my kids who can walk don't always have shoes on. I bring shoes just incase for my youngest, but I don't always put them on.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Sometimes I'll put soft soled shoes on to match a dress for pictures but other than that my baby never wears shoes and only socks if its windy or cold.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 5:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• for pictures or nice events maybe, but the twins don't wear shoes right now. Since I live in southern alabama, its flip flop time. It doesn't matter where you go, almost everyone is wearing sandals right now. Since my kids feet don't touch the floor, why even bother with sandals. Bare feet are so much more comfy.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• No shoes unless they are outside walking where they might step on something and cut their foot. Inside, shoes are not needed and can slow their development. My day care requires shoes at all times for toddlers + and not at all for infants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My kids wore the soft soled shoes to church and for pictures and things like that, and little boots in the winter but other than that is was sock or bare feet.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 5:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• no they only need socks to keep their feet warm unless they are getting photos taken or something like that
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009