how can i prevent or treat razor burn in the bikini area?

seriously, it's like hell every time i try to 'landscape'.

i have tried different razors, creams, etc. nothing seems to prevent razor burn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Do not press down so hard on your shaver. It works for me.

Answer by louise2 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i don't press hard on my razor at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Deodorant...the white kind, not the clear gels. Swipe it over the area when you get out of the shower. It'll help with razor burn and shaving bumps.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 6:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Deodorant is just going to make it hurt more, I wouldn't use it. Put A&D on...it works fast and it doesn't irritate or hurt your skin to put it on. Just use a dime sized amount.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• There is a cream called "coochie cream" that works very well
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 8:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• also dont shave against the hair shave with it after you shave i know this sounds crazy but uses face wash on your bakini area and it cleans out your pours and smooths your skin, i read that is a mag. i just dont shave i just use nair its great. I started that when i was 8 months pg and couldnt reach too shave and now i have been hooked ever since.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have super sensitive skin and cannot prevent the razor burn. No matter what I did it would be so painful I wouldnt try to "tame the bush". Then I found the best product in the world lol. I use a hair remover cream (doesnt matter which kind) and then wash it really well with water (NO soap that irritates it more). Then I apply this awsome product called Perfect Finish Neutralizing After Wash by Epil Stop. Its amazing it works with any type of chemical hair remover and it basically just neutralizes the chemicals. When you squirt it outs its this yellow color and it turns pink when it contacts with the chemicals. I scrub around a bunch and it slowly turns white as it works. I usually apply another coat after rinsing until it stops turning pink. Wash again with water and its amazing. No irritation bumps or redness. I forget how expensie it is but it lasts awhile.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Have the hairs lasered away forever. Seriously. I could not shave even once a year without regretting it in a few hours. And then the ingrowns would bother me for weeks! I have not had to shave in 5 years!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009