Looking for nice vacation area (lake) within 5 hrs. from KC.

I just relocated to Kansas City and my family wants to take a vacation that's within about a 5 hr drive. I would love something where we can stay in a nice cabin, on the water (we don't boat), with wooded areas around and not a ton of people (no RV parks). Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Travel

• Lacine Lake or Branson or the lake of the ozarks I don't know if I spelled the first one right it is pronounced Lay-scene
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The only thing I can think of is down in Branson, MO. Only problem is, there will probably be a bunch of people. Its a neat lil place lots of shopping. But you may be able to look up what kind of places like that they have to stay in. I only live 30 minutes from there, sooo dont stay up in that area lol. They have table rock lake there....but if you do come down another 30 minutes or so, there's bull shoals lake. its in diamond city, arkansas. good luck in your findings!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I live about an hour from Branson, MO and it is a nice place to vacation. There are cabins you can rent on the beach or camp sites. There is also Lake of the Ozarks which is also nice. Enjoy
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 5:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I'm with everyone else. can't go wrong with the Ozarks.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Lake of the Ozarks
    MaWolf

Answer by MaWolf at 6:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Truman Lake is south of KC. Past Clinton. Check it out. Lots of KC folks boat there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• (sorry got cut off too soon) I dont know what else there is to do at a lake besides boat really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2009