LORTAB @ 33 WEEKS PREGNANT

i WAS PRESCRIBE LORTABS DURING THE 2ND TRIMESTER, AND I REFRAINED FROM TAKING THEM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, BUT HERE LATELY I HAVE HAD THE WORST TOOTH ACHE (I CALLED THE DENTIST AND I AM WIATING ON A CALL BACK!) BUT I TOOK A LORTAB 7.5 THE PAST TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW...AND I REMEMBER ASKING EVERYONE (THE ER DR, LABOR AND DELIVERY, AND MY OB) WHEN I FIRST GOT PRESCRIBED THEM, IF THEY WERE OKAY TO TAKE WHILE PREGNANT, AND THEY ALL SAID YES, HOWEVER, IS IT TOO LATE TO TAKE THEM NOW? AM I DOING HARM??? SRY FOR ALL CAPS =/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you're hurting the baby MORE by NOT taking them. pain causes terrible blood pressure spikes. for Gods sake take it now. A few vicodin are easily filtered by the placenta and the baby will never know you had them
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• What the above poster said.
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had to take Loratabs while pregnant bc I had to have a back tooth removed before it became infected. What the PP said is absolutely true! It will do more harm to not take them. My baby is now 40w 5d and is perfectly healthy! The placenta filters out a lot more than we think it does!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had to take lortab for gallbladder issues with my 2nd. It is fine. :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 6:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009