cute baby question - sparked by one below

Have you ever had anyone tell you:

""Your baby is so cute. You know how people will say a baby is cute and not mean it. Well, yours *really* is cute.""

I had several people tell me that. I was surprised that they felt the need to say that they really mean it. I always say a baby is cute and 99% of the time I mean it! Do you ever do clarify to family or friends that "your baby really is cute"? I think all babies are adorable just because they have such tiny fingers and toes and cute little noses. :) Is it just me?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• all babies are cute period they are so little and wigglely and most times smell good. when they don't you get to hand them back to their mommies
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've never qualified it with "really" or anything. I try not to lie, even about trivial stuff. If I don't think the baby is cute I'll find a feature I do like, eyes, hair, dimples, chunky thighs . . . etc. and comment on that.
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 5:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• There are ugly people who have ugly babies, I always told my kids that "there are some ugly babies out there, 'cause you got all the cute!" Now, I'm not going to tell someone their baby is ugly, I'll just talk about a cute feature or something, there's always something about any baby that is appealing, but they are not all always cute.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I actually had a lady in Walmart tell me that my daughter was the most beautiful baby she had ever seen in her whole life. That was quite a statement, I thought. And she was an elderly lady so my daughter must really be beautiful...LOL But, yes, I think all babies are cute, some are beautiful, some are just cute. But you are right, they are cute because they have little fingers, fat thighs and all that good stuff...
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 6:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I honestly thought every baby was cute. There can't be an ugly baby. Well, let me just say, if you see one, you will be so taken aback and have no idea what to say. Now I can't say every baby is cute! Lol! Seriously, I can't believe I am saying it, but this baby was scary!!!! But I think most babies grow out of it.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009