Once the cervix has "thinned" how much longer until labor starts?

At my last doctors appointment, my doctor said that I was thinning, and said "Well lets make an appointment for next week, but it's looking good!" I'm 39 weeks pregnant today, and just wondering if anyone has any guesses on how much longer?!

amberkry

Asked by amberkry at 5:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had mine chemically thinned and labor started 5 hours on the dot later.
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 5:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I hate to say it, but it should happen within the next 3 weeks at some point. I was 50% effaced at my 38 week appt and still went 9 days overdue. Good Luck, it will be over before you can believe you were even pregnant for 9 months.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Can be days, can be another 3-4 weeks. Quite normal. You either should stop getting checked or ask your doctor to stop telling you the numbers. They don't help and just stress you out. Stress is not good for labor.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I was 50% effaced at 31 weeks and 70% by 34 and I still made it to my induction at 38 1/2 weeks
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2009