Need help being a better mommy!

Ok, so I think the best thing that I can do here it be completely honest...
I have been being a horrible mother. I went through a divorce last year and while that was happening I didnt have the kids his mother did(long story) but thanks to God they were brought home to their mother where they belong. I prayed everyday for them to come home. I promised that I would be the best that I could be...but since they have been home I have not been the best. I have 0 patience for my kids. I find myself yelling at them all the time, I expect FaR to much from my 5 year old. Asking her to do things for her sister. I have even gone so far as hit her and grab her arm. I feel like I am failing as a mother. I want to do things with my life but I am in a rut and dont know what to do or how to be better to my kids?! I am also not being a very good woman to my man. I get breaks from them but it doesnt seem to help.. i dont know what to do help?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• You should get some therapy along with your kids. Divorces are traumatic for every one involved, even for the divorcees. BTW, you are already on the right path to being a better mom since you recognize that you want to be a better mom ~many hugs and blessings~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I know its hard but you have a good step wanting to make the change. I had all the patience in the world before I had my son - he's been a hard infant and at 21 months, still SO HARD. I find myself losing it sometimes. I think I am putting myself in some parenting class but I think even divorce classes or therapy for all of you could help? Otherwise maybe you could start reading some books and laying some rules for ALL Down. and sometimes us adults need to learn from the kids too. think before you speak or do mama. I know its hard but tell yourself "she's only 5" don't wait til its too late to make changes. good luck and many hugs!!!!! breathe also! you'd be surprised how much that will help
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You need to get proffessional help NOW before you abuse your child again.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You and your kids definitely need therapy, you have all been through a lot.

Is it possible that you jumped into a new relationship too soon? Is this man the best thing for your children right now?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Counsiling could help if you find the right person. Make sure they dont blame you or attack you but help you discover why you feel like you do. You made the first step by asking for help dont stop now. Your obviously a careing person who just needs direction. Try also anger management maybe. I used to have problems when I was young also and had to work on these issues though I never hit my kids, You what it take I know you can change these things. Good luck
    momngrammax5

Answer by momngrammax5 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Some areas have free parenting classes, if you ask about the programs at the local elementary school. Our area has them, and they are really cool. You don't have a bunch of crappy parents sitting there, being forced to take them. You have parents who want to be BETTER getting tips from each other, and learning positive discipline techniques.

Wanting to do better is the first step.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2009