WHAT DID YOU DO WITH YOUR TODDLER WHILE YOUR HAVING YOUR BABY?

I HAVE A 3 YRS OLD AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HER WHEN I HAVE THE BABY...
SHOULD I HAVE HER STAY WITH MY MOM TILL WE GET HOME?
SHOULD I HAVE HER THERE THE FIRST DAY?
SHOULD I JUST HAVE MY MOM BRING HER THE NEXT DAY THEN HAVE HER STAY WITH HER TILL WE GET HOME?

I WILL BE HAVING A C-SECTION AND I DONT KNOW HOW LONG I WILL BE THERE HEALING....

BRIELLE649

Asked by BRIELLE649 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With a csection the avrage healing day is 3. Thats what I stayed. I wouldnt have her there that day. But maybe have someone bring her up the next day after you have had time to rest to see the baby. Then maybe let HER desied if she wants to come back the next day. I dont have really good advice cause I only have a 2yo DD and am trying for #2 but that is what I plan on doing.
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 6:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• When I had my 2nd my dad watched our 15mo old. My husband brought her by the next morning to meet her new baby and my dad watched her when he wasn't working the whole time I was in the hospital (4 days).
    When I had my 3rd the 2 older kids stayed at my inlaws out of state. They were 2 and 13 months and my dad refused to watch them both. They didn't get to see the baby until we picked them up a week after she was born.
    With my last my husband watched the older kids because we had no one else. They were 3, 4 and 5 and he wasn't in the OR with me. He missed the birth completely and only came to visit for 1 hour each day I was in the hospital because I couldn't take having the kids around.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• With my second, my MIL came over (I went into labor in the middle of the night), my SO stayed with me during labor and most of the day, then he took over taking care of our oldest at home. I got to have a couple of peaceful nights in the hospital before I went home, lol.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My son was 2 1/2 when his sister was born and he was in the labor room and even helped cut her cord:) But with a c-section, that obviously cant happen. I would definitely have her come to the hospital to see you and the baby. And my BIGGEST piece of advice is to have her ride home in the same car as you and the new baby. That way she can help the baby in to its new house instead of bringining your 3 year old home into a house where the baby is. I think that will definitely help cut down any jealousy issues.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My in laws will be watching my 18 month old so my husband can be in the hospital with me. They'll bring her to come visit.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 9:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009