WHAT DID YOU DO WITH YOUR TODDLER WHILE YOUR HAVING YOUR BABY?

I HAVE A 3 YRS OLD AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HER WHEN I HAVE THE BABY...
SHOULD I HAVE HER STAY WITH MY MOM TILL WE GET HOME?
SHOULD I HAVE HER THERE THE FIRST DAY?
SHOULD I JUST HAVE MY MOM BRING HER THE NEXT DAY THEN HAVE HER STAY WITH HER TILL WE GET HOME?

I WILL BE HAVING A C-SECTION AND I DONT KNOW HOW LONG I WILL BE THERE HEALING....

BRIELLE649

Asked by BRIELLE649 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We had my friend come over while I was in labor and then my inlaws stayed at our house, until we came home.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• WAS YOUR TODDLER OK WITH THE BABY COMMING HOME?
    BRIELLE649

Answer by BRIELLE649 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Well my best friend took my son when I was in labor with my 2nd. After the baby was born my sister stayed at the house with him til I got home. My Sister also kept my 2 when I had my 3rd. If this is your first csection I am pretty sure they will keep you at least 4days ( most of my friends actually stayed 5 the 1st time) If its the 2nd you can probably leave after 2 or 3days. If your inlaws are willing to help than I say take the help!! Good luck!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 6:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had 2 c-sections... was in the hosiptal 2 days the first time and 3 days the second time. My son stayed at the hosiptal with my husband and me the whole time. I know I am probably wierd about it, but I wanted him close. My mother-in-law and father -in-law watched him at the hosiptal while my husband was with me in the delivery room. It was such a blessing to wake up and have my son and my daughter beside me, I would not change a thing if I had to do it over again.

Good Luck and God Bless
    kittyh

Answer by kittyh at 6:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• When my second one came along, my first was 2 years old. I went into labor in the middle of the night, and called my parents to come meet us at the hospital. They took my son home with them. The next day after the baby was born, they brought him up to the hospital to see me and the baby, then took him back home to their house for a second night. The next day, baby and I were released, and they brought my son up to the hospital, and we all went home together.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My toddler was only 18 months old so he really didn't know that he could rebel about it. lol We did have a little toy for him for when we got home. We also talked about the new baby a lot. You should have your toddler help you with taking care of the baby as much as she can. Do make sure to be careful and not leave them alone in a room at all. Toddlers think they are helping, but can hurt the baby in a matter of seconds. My toddler was always trying to hug the baby but it was a lot more like choking. So just don't leave them alone.
    Congratulations!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My DD was 20 months old when I had her brother. We had my MIL come and stay at our house with her. That way she had all over her own things. That worked well for us.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• "WAS YOUR TODDLER OK WITH THE BABY COMING HOME? "

No. She used to try and poke his eyes out. The close bond we had seemed to die in an instant because she acted like she hated me. It was terrible. She got over it as soon as he could walk. Now she's 3 and he's 16 months and they love and enjoy each other.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• THANK YOU SOO MUCH LADY'S... I HAVE ALOT TO THINK ABOUT AND ALOT TO TALK ABOUT WITH MY FAMILY AND SEEING WHAT THEY ARE WILLING TO DO TO HELP.... ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU
    BRIELLE649

Answer by BRIELLE649 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My parents came up and stayed at our house with her. I had a C-section too, and they brought her to the hospital to visit us everyday for a little while. I was in there 3 days and my parents just took care of her. Is you child prepared for a new baby coming home? Our DD was very aware something was changing and we talked non-stop about bringing baby brother home and how Nana and Pawpaw would be staying with her for a few days.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 7:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2009