Diaper rash!

So my daughter is getting 4 teeth in right now and oh yeah on top of that she has diarrhea... AND out of no where she got some bad diaper rash! does anyone have any secrets to how to quickly get rid of it. BC i dont know how much longer i can watch my little one go thru this pain.

KCsMom08

Asked by KCsMom08 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Quick fixes = breast milk and/or cornstarch. Cornstarch will help keep her bottom dry, and them breast milk will help clear up any aggitation.
    Also, nudie-time and sunshine on those biscuts. Though with diarhea that can be difficult.
    BearlyXen

Answer by BearlyXen at 5:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my mother inlaw put Caldesene on my son when his lil hiney was all broken out with rash from diaherrea from teething. It got rid of it in about 2 weeks but was getting better over night. I also use buttpaste and destin together on his hiney. Not sure where to get the Caldesene powder but it is used to treat and prevent diaper rash and help protect irriatated skin. Air hiney out while diaper is off as well. And use wash cloth not wipes right now. :) Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My daughters bottom used to bleed from diaper rash.
    I would wash it with warm water, put a layer of Desitin, then a layer of Vaseline, then baby powder.
    No more redness.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I really have good results with alternating Butt Paste(diaper rash paste) and neosporin t keep infection out. I just went through this with my son and teething with diarrhea and his bottom was also bleeding. i took him to the Dr. and that is what she recommended. It worked, but it took overnight to look better: I also let him lay naked for a while, his oler brothers got a kick out of that.LOL Hopt your LO is better soon:)
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Just a warning that cornstarch contains yeast and can cause a yeast infection if overused.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2009