omg why

why cant i keep clothing on my son now. he's 3 years old and he now all of a studen dosent want to keep anything on. dose anyone know what i should do or should i just let it be?

jacobmommy62106

Asked by jacobmommy62106 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son walks in the door and before I have my purse and keys set down he's already butt naked... and it doesn't matter whose house were at, you blink and he's naked. I force his underwear back on him no matter where we are, but if its home or family I just let him run around in the underwear, its not worth the battle. So to answer your question I'd let it be, unless of course your in public, then clothes are a must. I agree with annon I'd rather be naked all the time too so I don't fault my child for it, just explain its not appropriate and he has to at least wear underwear.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i would just let it be as long as you are at home.... my 3 year old likes his shirt and underware .. that's it, so that is what he wares around the house and shorts when we go somewhere. My daughter, almost 3, just wants to ware her training pants somedays and shirt other days. As long as it is feasible, I wouldn't fight the battle.... you wont win and just be frustrated. Pick your battle... this one isn't worth fighting over, just make sure he understands that if company is comming or you are going out he has to leave his clothes on... he is old enough to compermise.
    kittyh

Answer by kittyh at 6:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i'd let it be. one of my younger brothers stripped constantly, in fact its probably what helped him be potty trained haha....only problem was when he'd sneak out the doggie doors at two butt naked and go in the front yard hahaha
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I prefer being naked, too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• LOL annon. My son went through that also. We would be at my mom and dad's house and after a bath, he would come out nakes and run around giving grandpa high fives. Of corse it didn't help that my dad encouraged this!! My son is now 4 and he no longer does it anymore. It was mainly after bath time he would want to be "free". I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Yeah at that age they rarely want you to dress them. Its all a part of being 3 and still having their way.
    My 3 year old will walk around in her dora underwear all day, and shes okay. As soon as we get home, she'll take off everything but her underwear, go to the fridge to get a yogurt cup, and go watch tv, its all in their personality, nothing we can do about it. It is hot outside and our air conditioner does not work in the car, so when she get home and feel that air hit her when we open the front door, she comes out of everything, and I don't blame her.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Maybe your child is sensory defensive about certain textures of clothing or the tags inside his clothing really feel uncomfortable to him. I would have the expectation that he has to wear some articles of clothing of his choosing. Take out tags at the neck and pants. Maybe that will help!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my son is four...totally loves to be naked..in fact he came out of his room tonight with underwear on and cowboy boots..oh yea and goggles too..ha ha h..NICE.......!:)
    AmeliaR

Answer by AmeliaR at 11:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2009