does anyone know what it means when ur babies head is measuring small.....

but everything else is measuring big im 34 weks and 2 days her head is measuring 31 wks and 2 days and has been for the past few weeks but her stomach measures 39 weeks i hv gestational diabetes and high blood pressure anyone have any advice or info thanx

gizmom529

Asked by gizmom529 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She might just be a litle chubby since you are 34 weeks and her body is measuring 39?
    It's not something they really worry about unless her head continues to measure small months after she is born.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had gestational diabetes with 2 of my pregnancies. Never said anything about either head being small. They did say the babies are sometimes big and may have slow lung maturation. I guess if they don't seem worried and haven't said anything till now then I'd wait for the next appointment and seek more information.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• ask the doctor!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• iwas told that too... i am 32 weeks......when i went in on monday for pains they told me that too.. i didnt see my regular doc cuz he is outta town, but i am gonna ask him when he comes back...
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009