can you drink too much milk?

i absolutly love milk but i have heard that too much could be bad... is it possible to drink to much milk?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 6:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a friend that drank mostly milk while she was prego and her doctor told her not to drink that much. I don't remember why though.......
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I don't know about "too much." But, I've heard from some nutritionist friends that cow milk's vitamins cannot even be absorbed once we are past the age of 4 or 5! There are healthier "milks" including hemp, almond, and rice milk. Even soy milk is not ideal for drinking.

I think you may also want to research what types of hormones and pesticides/ect may be present in non-organic milk. It might just surprise you!
    BearlyXen

Answer by BearlyXen at 6:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I'm not sure. But I do know when I was pregnant I gained a lot of weight and my doctor said I was drinking too much whole milk and to cut down to 2%.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You can certainly drink too much in one sitting. Stupid teenagers do "the gallon challenge" to make themselves puke.

Other than that, it's not really bad for you, unless you're drinking so much that your too full to get other nutritional needs in your body
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You can get calcium deposits if you drink too much calcium
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• isnt that what can cause kidney stones?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You can drink too much water, so why not?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Yes, you can. Just like you can drink too much water.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• not if you are a baby cow!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    Harvard School of Public Health, on the Consumption of Dairy Products (2005):
    “The recommendation to drink three glasses of low-fat milk or eat three servings of other dairy products per day to prevent osteoporosis is another step in the wrong direction. … Three glasses of low-fat milk add more than 300 calories a day. This is a real issue for the millions of Americans who are trying to control their weight. What's more, millions of Americans are lactose intolerant, and even small amounts of milk or dairy products give them stomachaches, gas, or other problems. cont. reading here: www.milksucks.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009