You kids need you at home, not at war

I am very patriotic toward military as a whole, but only have honor toward the soldier on an individual basis.

As a veteran myself, I know that mothers are given a choice to separate from the military when they are pregnant. Many unfortunately do not. I am even very hesitant toward seeing fathers in the military, especially those who elect to be "sent".

For military parents, do you believe that you military legacy (prospecting potential of being killed in war) is more beneficial to your children as opposed to you staying at home as a civilian parent? If so, what is the benefit?

Kids who lost parents to war bond at camp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.covenanteyes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/can-of-worms1.jpg

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• OP you are an idiot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My husband is military, and I have known some single moms who are military. They are doing the best they can for their children. Yes, they have to deploy. Yes, they run the risk of being killed. They are out there defending our country and providing for their child. A person can be killed in ANY job, at ANY time. The military has good benefits, good pay, job security, and for the most part the military community is a great place to raise a child. Now, because my hubby is active duty, I choose to be a SAHM to be there for my kids. They know that sometimes dad has to go places to help other people, and that that can be dangerous. But should parents not be cops? should parents not be in construction? What about all those parents who worked in the World Trade Center, should they not have gone to work? You can die at any time. I know my husband is proud to have his kids know he is willing to fight and stand up for our freedoms.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• OP here. That's the way I think, and always will think.

Hey anon :38. don't forget the height and width inside your "img src" tag in html.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My husband does think it is beneficial....He knows him fighting for OUR FREEDOM is fighting for OUR SONS FREEDOM! He knows the dangers and he misses us dearly while he is gone. Does my son hate his father for leaving? no he is sad but there is no hate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• OP here. That's the way I think, and always will think

Think that all you like but don't say it to our military and hurt them. You are a vile person if you do say something like that to a mom who happens to be a soldier. My mom and dad were both military and I am very proud of both of them. I would have been disappointed had my mom wussed out and left a career she loved because she was a mother. Kids lose parents to accidents, cancer, other illnesses and many other reasons should we all stop being parents because we could die or not be with our children? I stand by my opinion you are an idiot.

Anonymous

• Hey, OP! Make sure you dont cross the street.. you know, cause you could get hit by a car and stuff.....
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would rather they went to war to fight for our right to CHOOSE to make that choice. But it's that families decision as a whole not yours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Hey AprilDJC,

As if a soldier can do no wrong. WTC employees didn't have death in their contracts. My husband is a cop, and if he's in the inner city, the job is no dangerous that Mayberry with tons of paper work. I'm talking job with death in the headliner.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Sorry I never said soldiers can do no wrong. Soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, they all know the risk they take when they choose to enlist (or to stay in once they become parents). But honestly I know more civilians who have died and left their children than I know military members who have been KIA. And not all military members deploy. In fact, some people choose their job upon enlisting so that they can take the jobs that have a lower chance of deployment. You can think whatever you want, I will never tell an enlisted mother or father that they made the wrong choice. The majority of the military is made up of parents, and like I said they all know the risk, they just choose the military either because they know that it's going to give their kids a better way of life than they could afford otherwise, or because they truly want to serve our country, or both.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009