accidents in Pre K

My chlid just started pre k and has had 2 accidents well she peed at naptime both times I was wondering if anyone knows if they can like kick you out of pre k for that? Its a free pre k so i don't pay anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If it isn't an all the time thing or only happens at nap time I don't see how they can. Have you tried sending those good night things with her to school? My nephew had to do this when he started school because while he was 6 years old and potty trained his bladder was somewhat underdeveloped so he'd have accidents when he was sleeping. Most preschool teachers understand that kids still do have accidents.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• well i told them she also pee's at bedtime no matter how many times she goes b/f bed and has nothing else to drink she is in pre k she is 3 right now but will be 4 next week all the other kids in her class will have their 5 birthday this year so she is the youngest I am just to afraid to ask whats going to happen if she keeps having them at nap time if she does it again i will ask if she is allowed to bring a pull up 4 naptime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Some kids don't fully develop until later on and still have accidents when they are sleeping either because they sleep too hard and don't wake up in time to go or because they just don't feel the urge to go. It is quite common for children her age to still have accidents. You may also mention this to her teacher and see if they could get her up atleast once during her nap and let her go to the restroom and see if that helps any.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Also it's a new thing for her, it may make things worse because she could still be nervous and all that.
    KalebsMommee

• Goodness no. They surely have to know that 3 yr olds have accidents. My son is 3 1/2 and hes JUST NOW potty trained. He also cant stay dry at night. Theres no way. THey arent going to kick you out, just make sure you send her some clothes and I hope she has a good time!!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I worked at a pre-k that took vouchers(free for those parents who had them). regardless of that our abc program as well would NEVER kick a child out for accidents. its not like its a behavior problem by any means. i like the idea of the pull ups of some sort just for nap time. the other kids dont even have to know. all the teacher has to do is put them somewhere in or near the bathroom, and when its ur daughters turn for potty before nap, it can be put on. and if for some reason the kids do know about it, then i have faith the child care provider will have a non embarrassing way to explain it to the kids. i had a lil girl in the pre-k class who wore those for nap time, and she just flat out told the kids she did that. lol anyway, i wouldnt stress her being kicked out at all.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I am a preschool teacher- I would suggest speaking to her teachers about your concerns, making them aware that she might need an extra potty break before nap time. And if you do pull ups at home it would not be a terrible idea to try them at rest time.

I have taught for seven years and NEVER asked a child to leave because of potty accidents!!!!

sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The preschool my daughter will be attending requires you be fully potty trained unless you are in the 2 year old class. They expect accidents of course, but they do not allow diapers or pull ups. I would still talk to the teachers, but I would ask them if they will kick her out now CM.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 7:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2009