Anyone take Zofran for morning sickness? How was it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No but my son was given it after he had his tonsils out and his nose fixed at the same time. Worked great for him for the nausea after surgery. Man that stuff is expensive though. Even with insurance. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It was like a little slice of heaven lol.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 6:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I took it for morning sickness deep into my third trimester. It worked wonders on the nausea, but it gave me headaches frequently. I just started taking Tylenol when I took it and I was fine.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 6:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I take it and i'm 30 weeks, but I prefer Phenergan.
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It didnt work for me for any of my pregnancies. I also was put on anzemet which is in the same family as zofran and that didnt work either. Phenergan worked the best for me but it makes me tired so I cant really take it til the evening.

Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Zofran became my best friend. I loved it
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I never took it for pregnancy, but I have kidney stones which usually cause nausea/vomiting and it really helps me.
    kshorty

Answer by kshorty at 8:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• it sure made me feel a hell of a lot better....it didn't completely cure it yet at the same time i don't know how i would've survived my hypermesis gravidarum without it
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I took Phnergan before bedtime, Zofran mid-morning and mid-afternoon, and Reglan 20 -30 minutes before meals throughout my twin pregnancy, and I still got sick sometimes. The Zofran did seem to make the biggest impact when I started it, but it took all 3 medications to keep me from being sick all the time. I have seen all the commercials for lawsuits against the makers of Reglan, so I'm assuming they probably aren't giving that anymore.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009