I'm a first time mom and my daughter is 5 months old and I just foun a little lump under her right nipple is a little smaller the a pea any ideas on what this is???

Mo-mama

Asked by Mo-mama at 6:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My niece had the same thing and it turned out to be a cyst and they had to remove it. I'd have her examined!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Ive heard of other moms ask this on forums often. Take her in, the Dr will need to see it to be sure but Its probally just a harmless little cyst. Scary though I know. :)
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You should mention it to your doctor. I know some babies have them because of hormones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my son had one in the middle of his palm,the dr seen it and said it would go away and it did.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• its more than likely from hormones but id have it checked just in case
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If you're breastfeeding, she's making a little milk! It goes away within a few weeks. My daughter had one, and of course I thought she had breast cancer. But it's usually grown up horomones floating around
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Sounds like a skin tab, although Im not sure if babies get it or not...
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 10:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my son has a skin tag on his ear...its a raised skin colored bump that looks like a mole except its the exact color of the rest of his face....but a cyst would feel very diffferent...i think its best to just get it checked bc none of us can see what it is to make a good guess.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009