What did you learn on CM recently?

In the middle of a heated HS vs Public School debate I realized something. One HS Mom was saying how her kids were heavily recruited for college because (partly) of their ACT scores. I had always wondered on how HS effected college admissions. It never crossed my mind that college recruit based on scores and if HS is right for your child and they get high ACT scores, they will have an opportunity that may not have had otherwise. In hindsight this is probably obvious, but it had never entered my mind. I learned something today and although I am a Public School Mom, it gave me a better perspective in that sometimes its all about just YOUR child and their learning style. So, what did you learn and from who?

wildboyz1994

Asked by wildboyz1994 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I learned that sometimes people on this site just need a neutral person to listen to them:) Somebody who doesn't know them personally and doesn't know there situation.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have learned that I shouldn't have my son because I can't afford to stay home with him. I am a bad mom because he goes to public school instead of homeschooling. I am a lousy mom because I didn't breast feed. I am ready to leave cafemom. There is to much crap here these days.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• robinsi2000~

Please don't let some of these cm mom's drive you away. Your are a mom and and you make choices for your children until they are old enough to make choices for themselves. You are not a bad mom because you have a mind of your own and do what is best for your family.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I learned that no matter how clueless someone is, they still expect you to be able to look into their cervix and tell you if they are having a boy/girl, if they are pregnant, or if they are having twins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Are you a doctor or medical professional, why are you looking at someone's cervix and if you are looking at someones cervix, how could you not answer at least one of those questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have learned that some people really like to leash up their kids.

I have learned that formula feeding is the devil and should be accompanied by 50 "hail Mary"s.

I have also learned that children/teens should never be encouraged to discuss birth control options or learn how to obtain birth control.

Cheers!
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 7:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've learned that the people in the Politics and Current Events section are very paranoid. I've learned to stay away from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Anon. 6.29, Anon. 6.08 was referring to the fact that almost every day, there is someone here on Cafemom asking the old question: Am I pregnant? How do we know, take a pregnancytest already!
    Anyway, I have learned that I also don't belong in the Politics and Current Events section. It's all about racism and Obama hating today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• haha, I learned that people are grossly uneducated! (this is not at all directed at the OP or the HS topic!) I have no problem when people have a different opinion than my own (I love to learn about the other perspective!) but geez, know your facts. Don't tune into fox news and expect to know what's going on in the world. Oh and while I'm at it- don't write posts with misspellings and grammar so bad we wonder if you're sober. And do some of these people read the drama they post? My baby daddy this and that and BM is a nasty ho. Ugh. Its so sad, but most of these people ask for the crap they encounter and don't know how to break free. So...that's what I've learned. : /
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've learned that there are political junkies with nothing better to do than spread their paranoid assumptions.
    I've learned that mean people really do suck.
    I've learned that I waste my time on here when I'm hungry just to avoid eating.
    I've learned that there's a heck of a lot of mom's on my friends list I never hear from, time to clean house!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 10:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009